Love thy neighbour as yourself.
Based on your answers, the Archetype your brand most closely aligns with is The Caregiver - also known as the caretaker, altruist, saint, parent, helper, supporter.
About The Caregiver
Ultimately, The Caregiver Archetype desires to protect people from harm.
The Caregiver is gifted with compassion and generosity, and helps their customers to do things for others in order to help those people.
The worst outcome for The Caregiver's customer is to be dealing with selfishness and ingratitude. The Caregiver will do everything they can to help their customer avoid this experience.
The Caregiver is not without fault, being prone to enabling, martyrdom of self or entrapment of others through guilt-tripping.
Ideal Customer Avatars of The Caregiver
Customers who seek out The Caregiver Brand Archetype typically have seen someone in need and they wish to help them, although they may not realise it yet. This presents an opportunity for The Caregiver to seed the idea or demonstrate the possibilities.
There are typically 3 levels of fulfilment that The Caregiver's ideal customer is seeking, and it's important to identify who you are speaking to before seeking them out - and to tailor your message accordingly.
- Caring for and nurturing one’s dependents
- Balancing self-care with care for others
- Altruism, concern for the larger world.
Brands that suit this archetype
- Where customer service provides the competitive advantage
- Who provide support to families (from food bags to family-sized cars) or that are associated with nurturance (such as cookies)
- Health care, education, and other caregiving and public services
- That help people stay connected with and care about one another
- That help people care for themselves
- For non-profit causes and charitable activities.